Skip to main content

Health Services

School-Based Health Centers

Churchill Health Center: 541-790-5227

4J has two school-based health centers to serve the district’s elementary, middle and high school students. The health centers, located at Churchill and North Eugene high schools, are open part-time during the school year.

Each health center is staffed with a nurse practitioner, a health assistant and a mental health therapist. The health centers handle most health issues, including illnesses, injuries, ongoing health problems, well child physicals and immunizations. The centers also provide mental health counseling with therapists from Lane County Behavioral Health for depression, anxiety, anger management, attention and focusing challenges, family stress and change, and can facilitate referrals for substance abuse.

The health centers can bill private insurance and the Oregon Health Plan, and will also provide treatment for those unable to afford medical care. Please call the clinics for hours and to schedule appointments.

Counseling Services

Kennedy’s counselor, Stephanie Baxter, can help students and parents in the following areas: individual and group counseling, student schedules, and academic advising. To see her, please sign up in the office. Parents can call  541.790.5500 for an appointment.

Medications at School

There are times when it’s advisable for your middle school student to carry his/her own medication and 4J policy does allow for this. For the complete 4J policy, | click here |. Here’s how it works, along with our guidelines:

Medication authorization forms are available in the front office or if you’d like to download them from our website, | click here |. 

  • Students may carry an inhaler or any other emergency prescription medication with written consent of both a parent and administrator.
  • Written consent from both a parent and an administrator is needed if a student is to carry and self-administer one day’s dose of non-controlled prescription medication (an antibiotic to be taken with lunch, for example). However, so-called ‘controlled’ medications such as Ritalin may not be self-administered.
  • All controlled medications, including those taken on a regular basis during the school day, are kept locked in the office. Parents are required to fill out a form authorizing the school to administer medication to their student. For this form, | click here |. Medication must be in its original bottle with the label intact and must be checked in by the parent/guardian.
  • If you know that your student occasionally gets headaches, dental pain, a stomach ache or allergy symptoms, you may bring non-prescription medication (i.e., Tylenol, cough drops, etc.) in its original container to be kept in the office. Simply fill out a medication form click here | and authorized staff will be able to administer the specified dose to your student.

Students should never share their medications.